Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ultimate Story


After the show, I rolled my neck. Crack. Time for a lay off. I could go back to New York and sleep. Mike came by after load out to give me a hug. He started walking away after saying good-bye.
“Not so fast.” I grabbed his shirt and pulled him to the ground. “What did you tell Ben?”
“Why would I talk to him?” He smiled mischievously. I put my knee into his chest. “Okay, fine.” He pushed me off of him. “I told him that lately you seemed sad and worried when you’re alone.”
“And why did you do that?” I faced him.
“Because you have,” he sighed. “Emily, I’ve been watching you. You have been and unfocused and you covered it up every time someone noticed. You’re good, that’s for sure. We care about you. We don’t want anything to happen to you.”
“I’m sorry.” I nodded. “Don’t worry about it. I’ll be fine. I can’t talk about it.”
“Is it illegal?” he asked.
“I can’t talk about it. Am I the type of person to get into something illegal?”
“You’re the type of person who would do anything to protect anybody.” He whispered as he pulled me to my feet. He gave me a cocked eyebrow look before walking away. I knew he was right.
I headed to grab my luggage from a side room before catching up with Ben. Now I was worried if people noticed it, how much more was I supposed to lie?

No comments:

Post a Comment